Monday, April 16, 2007

Can't write, busy knitting

Which cliché shall I invoke? Practice makes perfect? Third time's a charm? If at first you don't succeed...?

I won't post a picture because it looks the same as the previous iterations. I've now restarted the Green Gable three times (now affectionately called the Green Goblin. Thanks G. Get your own blog!), although I've cast on about six times. I'd gotten as far as joining the body under the arms and tried it on. It fit. Yay! But the flaws were glaring. Boo! So I channeled my Guru, and gave it the yank.

Then, I spent the entire afternoon of my birthday sitting on the couch with Constance, knitting and watching The Return of the King. Oh, relaxing bliss! Now, I'm well into lacy goodness, and it's going well.

On the truffle front, I didn't get any until today, but they were HOMEMADE (with the ganache leftover from my beautiful chocolate birthday cake). Yum.



(It took a lot of effort just then to refrain from raving about the McPie's kitchen prowess. That's right, he fixes stuff, he gives foot massages, and he MAKES TRUFFLES.)

(Oops.)

6 comments:

Sleepwalker said...

Still, he's not perfect if he doesn't have an eligible brother...

Anonymous said...

he's not perfect! he limps after frisbee.

Ms. Hedda said...

Hey Anonymous, way to bite on the troll!

True, and true. And then there's the whole crying during the emotional parts of movies thing. I sure hate that. ;-)

Tao of Stieb said...

Or there's the whole Saturday night couch and wine induced narcolepsy. That's gotta be a bit of a problem.

Ms. Hedda said...

Well actually, that's what he hates about ME.

Trixie said...

way to embrace the frogging.

you mean you do try not to gush about mcpie? really? huh.

i kid. gush away.