Thursday, February 12, 2009

Are we that bored as a society?

For the last two days, the Environment Canada website has been showing, in bright red across the top of the local forecast page: "RAINFALL WARNING IN EFFECT".

Rainfall warning? Are you kidding me?

McPie and I play this fun game where we bitch and moan about how ridiculous it is that "weather events" seem to be headlines news so regularly now (and I don't mean tsunamis and volcanoes wiping out towns, but you know, 4 inches of snow expected overnight). We can't help but think that this "rainfall warning" is a joking response to our scorn, you know, like Environment Canada is in on the joke... But I have a feeling that EC is earnest. Federal government and all. So, anyone have any crazy "oh my god, and then it started raining!" stories?

Also, I am experiencing an uncomfortable amount of random puffiness -- especially in my hands, the only place where my relaxin-addled joints are aching, and occasionally my eyes puff up like I haven't slept in a week, it's really attractive -- and strong cravings for nacho chips. I can't in good faith blame this craving on pregnancy, however, since it's pretty much the one food that makes me -- in any stage of health or fertility -- lose my mind and willpower. Especially the multigrain kind. I have no reasonable explanation for this. I am glad to report that we have none in the house, so I'm safe. For now.

No comments: