Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's a start, at least

Well, the biggest job required to prep the baby's room was clearing out the crap that was in the room. (The traditional office/spare/junk room.) That done (and it was easier than I thought), I've painted and McPie set up the crib. The crib linens are as yet unironed, and why can't I take clear photos? (And how do you get them to resize when you click them?)



A dresser will be delivered in early March, and will fit under the window. It won't match the crib (which is a hand-me-down from Ben and Constance), but the crib is pretty temporary. I also need something on the walls (I ordered this), and a shelf of some sort for the wall at the end of the crib. And a blind for the window.



The closet pictured here is actually large inside. It extends under the eaves and now contains a large portion of the crap I cleared from the giant desk that used to be where the crib is now. It also contains a tall bookshelf that holds the household linens and the baby stuff I've accumulated so far.

The room is in fact pretty big (long and narrow), and the "nursery" is really just one end. The other end is still our spare room and office. The bookshelf holds the rest of the office crap (I am actually shocked that I was able to whittle it down to one shelf...), and the futon at the end will come in very hand for mid-night baby-tending sessions, whenever we end up moving the baby to his own room.


What you can't see, of course, is the crap that's still in the room, that I had to move from end to end as I took pictures.

2 comments:

Sleepwalker said...

"What you can't see, of course, is the crap that's still in the room, that I had to move from end to end as I took pictures." LOL - the baby won't notice either. The room is simple and elegant and he will love the turtle.

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I love the colour scheme. And the turtle is adorable. When I clicked on the link, I spotted an elephant picture that would be great for Jake's room, but I'm trying to resist.