Thursday, September 27, 2007

Spinning my wheels

In my job, I rely on other people to provide pretty much all the information that I need to do my work. No info, no forward motion on my part.

I'm having one of those weeks where I just. can't. get. the answers. No responses to requests, or when they come they are either totally enigmatic or of the "I don't know the answer and I don't know who does" variety. Head, meet wall.

It makes for a very. long. workweek.

So, to cheer us all up, a picture to brighten up an otherwise grey blog:

These are pygmy marmosets. Aren't they cute? We saw a thing on them the ONtv nature show with David Attenborough, and decided that they were second only to the sea otter as our fave cutie-pie animal. Then, Constance came home a couple of days ago with drawing of what was clearly a pygmy marmoset. Because, in our house? We are on the same page.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Argh! This post's bringing back some unpleasant memories. I have a feeling I'll be looking at the pygmy marmosets often, starting Monday.

Sleepwalker said...

Synchronicity - that brings back to mind a Police song. Sorry, no cute stories on pigmy marmosets...

Ms. Hedda said...

Monday! It seemed like forever until you returned... And now it's Monday! It won't be so bad - it's just one of those weeks. Doesn't happen every week.

Anonymous said...

Its true! Same page indeed.
Those two fave creatures are any two of the four of us at anytime. Seldom, very seldom, is it any different. And its mostly our Writer who makes it so.

She is truly lovely.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I'm familiar with the spinning wheels. I'm stuck in that zone as well. Hardest part is wanting to busy but not being able to.
Wow - Mel - have fun on Monday. (Slightly jealous.)
Speaking of cute, checkout a meerkat (also cute). Meerkat Manor - excellent program.

Ms. Hedda said...

Vicki - too funny! Meerkats are also a common topic in our house!