Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Winter walkathon

I opted out of a trip to the gym today because I had planned a trip to a Christmas party with the coworkers at my ex-place-of-employment. Because of the bus strike and my lack of car, I can only get transport to about halfway, leaving a 3 km walk across the bridge. And I also had a walk to the mall planned for earlier in the day (which I did). Although I'm able to exert myself pretty far beyond "just walking" for a half hour or so, as I do in my workouts, it doesn't leave a ton of energy for other physical activity in the day. And extended periods of milder exercise (like the total of more than 5 km of walking that I did today) turns out to have the same effect -- only it hurts my back more than deadlifts.

Anyway, all that walking done, it turned out that the get-together at the ex-work had been postponed until tomorrow but the non-current employees hadn't been notified. After spending three hours on the process of getting there and back today, I think I will stick to the gym tomorrow.

On the bright side, I had more Christmas shopping success in two shops on Preston St. than I did during my entire four hours of trudgery in the Market yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I can't believe nobody let you know that it was postponed! It would have been great to see you.