Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Temporary relocation

I am writing from bed today. I have no good excuse; I'm just doing it because I can. (In the interest of not holding back at all, it was McPie's idea - he even brought me my laptop. After already bringing my coffee, and my book, all on separate trips.) Normally, I'm up, showered, dressed and breakfasted by nine o'clock, whether we have kids to get to school or not. Just because I don't have a job and don't go out much doesn't mean I needn't be civilized, right? But every so often, I've woken up feeling just plain wiped, and the only answer for it is to spend the morning in bed.

I blame being pregnant of course (Trixie, you were right, it's WAY easy to overdo it without knowing it and paying the price). At least, it give me an excuse that I didn't have before to take it easy. I know that in my working life I often woke up feeling like I needed to just stay in bed. But I couldn't, so I didn't, and I went through a day feeling like ass, being grumpy, and taking it out on others. Spending the morning in bed is an antidote to the tired, the ass, and the grump. So I consider this bed-therapy to be beneficial to all who cross my path in a day. It's entirely unselfish; practically my civic duty. And I have the afternoon earmarked for Christmas shopping, so I'll actually cross paths with more than zero people today. (One good thing about living on this side of the river -- I can still take the bus to the market.)

In reality, I probably won't spend the whole morning in bed. Probably not much longer than it takes to finish typing this. McPie has left for the day and he totally failed to bring me any sort of breakfast!

1 comment:

Sleepwalker said...

I don't think forgetting to bring you breakfast in bed is McPie's fault: obviously, you haven't given him enough opportunities to practice his stay-in-bed skills. You need to work on that in the coming weeks...

I hope you stayed in bed a little longer - do that on our behalf. We'll be thankful - really. You're my hero!