Friday, April 18, 2008

Practical translation

I am hosting our Book Club meeting tonight. We have been reading Their Eyes Were Watching God -- a most excellent book. Book Club is always a potluck... in fact, it's really mostly a potluck -- we usually have a hard time getting around to the book. Possibly needless to say, we are also a bunch of geeks, and so try to be thematic in our cooking.

Last night, after finishing work, going for a run, getting groceries, making and eating naan bread pizza (while watching Buffy, natch), I set about making jambalaya for Book Club. (Wrong side of the Gulf, I know, but from this side of the 49th, southern is southern.)

McPie's observation about my choice of dish: "'Jambalaya': Spanish for will never get to bed."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! Sorry I missed your big day. I have strong feelings that you are going to have a fantastic year.