Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ear candy

Yesterday, I ranted about having to listen to Arcade Fire AGAIN on the CBC, and Trixie commented that "the CBC isn't exactly where I'd go to find the pulse of good music". That may be true, but! There is a silver lining to yesterday's instance of aural misery, which me gives a glimmer of hope that CBC won't leave me complete bereft of musical tidbits.

I'm not sure whether it was before or after the AF incident, but yesterday I also heard a gem of a song on Freestyle that I liked so much I made sure I jotted down the name of the band. I found a few more songs on their MySpace site, and they are just as fun. A great find, IMHO. (Unfortunately, I don't think I can buy an album anywhere around here yet.)

On the topic of fun music, The City Above invited a funky duo to join them in their show last week at Zaphod's. Auto Racing comprised a fella playing a 7 (!) string bass, and a drummer. The sound was unique, energetic, and totally engaging. Our heads were bobbing like crazy. The McPie confirms that the musicians were also very nice fellows.

[Edit: How's my use of "comprise"? Did I do it right?]

No comments: