Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hello to you, and 2010 too!

The longer I put it off, the harder it is to return. You know? Like, where do I start, how to catch up? Not so much that nobody cares what I had for lunch, but prolly nobody cares what teeny miniscule milestone Tim hit today. Which is what's going on these days. Milestones. And also, napping.

Yep, I've given up my free time -- the one to two hours I can count on Tim to nap each morning -- toward catching up on my sleep. Our night-time sleeping leaves much to be desired (and let me tell you I've written many a blog post in my head about that), so I've been giving up blogging/cleaning/showering/emailing/reading/etc time to the pursuit of sleep. Tim does have an afternoon nap, but it is more variable in timing and length and location, so I don't count on it for free time. It's just a breather. Lately it's been happening in the stroller on the way home from the grocery store, which gives me an excuse to keep walking and thereby get some exercise.

Because I've given up working out, too. Okay not "given up" in the strictest sense... Just, well, see "napping", above. That used to be my workout time too. (Still get a couple w/o's in each week, but they are getting lamer.) Kid is way too active now to just put him down and work around him. We're in the "chase" phase of our relationship, so waking time is either play time, eating time, hauling around time (if I'm determined to get something done), or hoping time (hoping he stays put with the pots and pans to play with while I whip something up in the kitchen.)

At least half of my very-few readers can relate, right?

So, I nap with Tim most mornings, and it's actually a heavenly couple of hours, the two of us all cozied up. He's lovely; my favourite. But the rest of the day is busier, trying to catch up on those "lost" hours.

Anyway, I won't bother trying to catch up here; instead, I'll forge ahead with optimism and a new plan. How about I try to write something every day, even if it's only a sentence?

And I'll let you know that all is well. We're so good, we're piggin' out on peanut butter toast!

1 comment:

Mel said...

I can sooooo relate. I'm finding it hard to leave timely comments on friends' blog posts, let alone write one stuff on my own blog ;-)