Thursday, November 19, 2009

Packing up

I was originally supposed to pack up and leave to go home on Tuesday, but by Sunday I felt like I was just starting to get the hang of the vacation and Tuesday was coming too soon. So after a quick check of available flights, I called Westjet and switched to a Friday afternoon departure. Done. They didn't even charge me for the change!

So glad I stayed! The weather's been amazing, the boys have been super cute, we're really rocking the coffee-nap-beach-nap-pool-nap-supper-bed* routine. My mom has been ridiculously generous with her time, taking turns with Tim and Lucas so Julie and I can have small breaks from them. I've managed to go for several runs; today Julie and I went out and frolicked in the big waves of the ocean, like kids. It was awesome.

* This routine pretty much sums up what we've been up to each day. Although occasionally the boys just have two naps, and that, combined with the swimming and sun result in them going to bed around 6 pm... And up to play at 4:30 am. It's just a small glitch.

Also, Sweetie McPie is in China until Saturday night and I really wasn't relishing going home to an empty house. This way, when we get home there will be just one more sleep until Dad's home. (I have to admit I'm looking forward to spending a night in a QUEEN SIZED BED with Tim. The twin we're currently sharing is a bit... cozy.)

I'm been taking pictures like mad, but it's hard to catch the boys still. Especially Lucas -- Tim is more of a sitter; his cousin is constantly on the move. We did manage to catch them a few times today. Here, working together to try to get into the TV cabinet:


And all dressed up to go out for pizza and beer...

My sister is responsible for the matching outfits. It's not the only one they've worn this week.

1 comment:

Mel said...

I'm glad you've had such a lovely vacation, and decided to stay to relax some more. The boys are unbelievably cute - I'm sure they melted hearts wherever they went!