Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Making use of my time

I'm a little behind schedule on installing the new floor, but making progress.

The before picture... Saturday, as we begin to dismantle the dining room:

You remember this, right? The ugliness of the turquoise? Our walls clash with the colour because we painted them with the optimistic belief that we would soon change the floor. That was two years ago.

Monday:

Tearing up the old floor(s) -- the turquoise was glued to some lovely beige vinyl glued to the subfloor -- was knee-bruising, back-breaking, finger-wrenching work. While I did the majority of the square-footage during the day, McPie swooped in and saved the day on the really nasty stuck-on stuff in the kitchen.

Today:

While "click-lock" is a bit of a euphemism -- it's a bit trickier than than -- it's not too hard to put altogether. I've only smashed my finger, scraped my knuckle, and stubbed my toe once (each). More challenging is fitting it against our incredibly non-straight walls. Once again, I get to do the easy-going broad space of the dining room, but am saving the tricky, need-a-table-saw-for-tweaking edges and kitchen for my handy and more-patient-than-I hubby.
It's looking not bad so far, and it's oh-so-smooth and soft underfoot.

No comments: