Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hack, hack

I've had a terrible cough for two weeks now. It's not so bad during the day, but has been keeping me up at night. I'm skeptical of cough medicine, but have been taking it before bed anyway. Still, the up-at-all-hours. I'm exhausted, and have given up exercise. (Coinciding with Tim's break from nursery school, at least.)

At least the kids are back to school: McPie enjoys mornings with them, so I've been sleeping in.

Since my cough started, Tim caught and recovered from croup. (Heck, he probably caught it from me.) In three days! Kid has a killer immune system.

Last night, in a last ditch effort, Sweetie McPie stayed up late to whip up a batch of homemade soup (carrot & fennel), and instructed me to drink it all day today. He insists it's the cure we've been waiting for.

At any rate, the soup is delicious.

No comments: