Monday, August 25, 2008

Veggie heaven, with a hint of glitter

It was a big weekend for us.

Our first delivery of farm fresh vegetables arrived. Our "basket for two" didn't even fit in the cooler. The FOUR boxes of heirloom tomatoes were sitting beside the cooler on the porch.


Besides tomatoes, we got corn, beets, zucchini, mixed salad greens, micro-greens (radish sprouts), fingerling potatoes, rapini, fennel, and another as-yet-unidentified herb.

As if that's not summer-making enough, McPie picked up a new drum kit just in time for his big show on Saturday night. It's very flashy:


In fact, he may even consider donning some fancy face paint, platform boots, and possibly shoulder pads for the next show...

2 comments:

Sleepwalker said...

I am totally envious re: vegetables. Our farmer has been plagued with bad luck and it seems to me we are mostly getting squash, cucumbers and zucchinis. Those are really big. I like your variety: the heirloom tomatoes (OMG), corn and fingerling potatoes rock! As do the drums. Way to go McPie...

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of signing up with Bryson Farms, and I think that picture has pushed me over the edge that I've been teetering on!