Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Under siege

Ok, I know that less than 8 hours have passed since I promised to not to talk about the robins, but man! It's a war zone out there.

I'm trying to set up for a work out in the backyard (yes G, your Olympic bar is very very handy!) but I'm under attack! From the moment I stepped outside the door -- and moved quickly to the other end of the porch -- Papa Robin started stalking and swoop-bombing me. (Swoop-bombing is a less aggressive form of dive-bombing. You probably didn't know; I made it up.)

It's going to rain soon, I'm getting hungry, and I need to get some squats and chin-ups in! I'm going to try a different approach (literally - from the front door and through the driveway...) Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you managed to work out unscathed!

I'm enjoying reading about the robins. But then again, I've considered writing posts about the spider who hatched an egg in the space between my kitchen window and the thermometer outside :)

Sleepwalker said...

I am told you could try opening and closing an umbrella in their direction to make it look like a big bird. Let me know if that works...

Trixie said...

i've been enjoying your bird exploits. mostly because they are reinforcing my decision every spring to cover my front porch light with a plastic bag for a month and half. every spring some birds start to build a nest there. and every year i convince them that there are much better places to start their new homes. places that are much less high traffic. places that are not next to my main door. i do feel a twinge about it but really, you're making me feel much better.

Ms. Hedda said...

It was highly entertaining, but the last couple of days: bird shit city.