Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lament for lazy sandwich making

My very favourite lunch to bring to work is an avocado, cheese and spinach sandwich. (With variations, such as chard, peppers, cucumbers, or tomato.) Sweetie McPie makes my sandwich every morning, and I look forward to eating it every day.

Today, my sandwich had a wee bit of unexpected crunch to it. Later, I received this email from my early-morning-sandwich-making honey:

If your spinach was too gritty
and it made your sandwich shitty
I profess my guilt
'twas I who built
who, each item felt,
and viewed (eyes askew)
and knew
that our leafy favourite
was replete with grit,
the farmer's very land
all clay and sand,
amongst the verdant treat
'twas I who did complete
your luncheon
for you to munch on,
not grind, as gravel chewing swine
might do,
noooooo.
I turned a blind eye to dirt
this morning and now
my lunch hour of mourning,
filled with worry borne of dawn's hurry
that my lover's sweet saliva has
become a slurry.


Luckily, I'm not too fussy. My sammy was as delicious as ever. And I always appreciate a bit of extra roughage.

No comments: