Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day in the life

I spent the morning in meetings where I repeated the list of things I had to complete this week, in the order in which I planned to do them. The list is long; there was some incredulity. The meetings in no way helped me work towards completing the items on my list.

“How are you going to get all those things done this week?”
(Being left alone to actually DO the work would be an excellent start.)

“Can anyone help you?”
(There really is nobody else. Still. Thus the long list that belongs solely to me.)

“And you’re on vacation next week?”
(Yes, for the 10th time, yes! Oh, are you waiting for me to volunteer to stay home from my vacation? Which I booked in March, well before a deadline for this project was ever mentioned?)

“Ok, let’s meet tomorrow and talk about how you are planning to get all this stuff done.”
(Or, we could NOT meet so I can actually DO the work. As mentioned previously.)

* * *

Man, am I ever looking forward to my frisbee game tonight. Running around as fast as possible for an hour an a half sure has its place in my world. (Also, we are going out afterward to eat at the Best Kept Secret in Ottawa.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, who owns that now? That looks like Glen Goodwin's old place.

Ms. Hedda said...

Yes, The Foolish Chicken is where Three Kings used to be. It's an awesome chicken and rib place - delicious food, fabulous homemade desserts (there's always at least one inventive cheesecake, plus other stuff) and wonderfully inexpensive. We've become regulars.

And you can still get sweet potato fries. :-)