Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The perfect excuse

Every year, we avoid the Valentiny-ness of Valentine's day. I would guess that this avoidance is a growing trend -- most people I know try to cut through the commercial crap of February 14.

This year, we have a great excuse to overtly celebrate romantic love on Valentine's Day: we're going to a wedding!

Better yet - an intimate family affair: just us, the kids, their moms, the happy couple*, and their three kids. We're meeting at the Gatineau City Hall tomorrow afternoon.

Given that we're also going to a nice restaurant for dinner -- yes, with all the kids, and yes, on the busiest restaurant occasion of the year -- it should be quite the adventure. But still, I can't think of a better, or more appropriate way, to celebrate the day of love.


*The bride is my, er... sister-in-law. Well, McPie's ex-sister-in-law. But our actual relationship adds up to "sister-in-law" so I'll go with that. :-)

No comments: