Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sch-knit-zel

I've started knitting again! Yay!

Slowly to start - to rebuild the habit. McPie picked out some soft heathered brown yarn at Michael's on the weekend, and I've started knitting it into a new scarf for him. It took me a few tries to remember how to cast on! I restarted a few times, because I kept changing my mind about a stitch pattern. It's decided, and I knit the whole way through Reptile Boy last night. :-)

The Green Goblin has not been forgotten. I last worked on it in, um, August? And I'm actually pretty close:

I'll try to finish it before spring. :-)

On a totally different topic: we've discovered the wonder of schnitzel. Pork schnitzel, actually. So easy, so delicious, arguably healthy (a topic for another post), and loved by children and grown-ups alike through the ages. I encourage you to make it -- you can find recipes everywhere. (Trixie, replace the pork with eggplant!). Don't forget the squirt of lemon!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on starting up the knitting again!