Saturday, November 3, 2007

Speaking of icing on the cake

We finally got our wedding rings.

A lovely and talented goldsmith, Csilla Ekes, made them for us. I would recommend her for any custom goldsmith. Like I said: lovely and talented. They are not really as scratchy looking as this picture shows. In real life:
You may notice that I am wearing mine on my right hand. For our wedding, we used rings we had previously given each other. After wearing my snakes on my left hand, I decided that I preferred them there, representing my "public" wedding ring. So I had this one sized for my right hand. Because McPie's original concrete ring could not be resized, he happily returned it to his right hand, and the hammered white gold one is in the place of honour.

3 comments:

Trixie said...

nice. can't wait to see them in person.

Anonymous said...

Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful rings. We also used Csilla Ekes for our wedding rings. She does wonderful work.