Tuesday, July 24, 2007

it totally figures

Months ago, I pre-ordered my copy of the new Harry Potter book, because I knew I'd want to get started on it, but would have a hard time getting to the store to pick it up. (Yes, I know they make it VERY accessible. But me+stores=rarity. Esp during ulti season.) Also, it was highly discounted.

Well. It arrived today. We settled in to wind down after a night of kids (me) and frisbee (McPie)... He turned on the movie we rented for the kidlets (Twister! its way worse than I remember it - the computer effects did not age well), and I pulled out The Deathly Hallows.

Two pages in, and the third page begins to fall out. Yes, the first oh, 20 pages were spontaneously detaching from the spine of the book. The spine wasn't so much broken as not glued together in the first place. Nice. So much for that.

Needless to say, I'm returning my defective product tout suite. With no small degree of disgruntlement. Harry Potter will have to wait. (Luckily, we have a full weekend of touristy goodness in Quebec City planned, so I'll likely manage to keep my mind off it.)

Apparently, I'll be the last one to read the final Harry Potter. So please, I beg you, DO NOT TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS!!

3 comments:

Trixie said...

eep! that sucks.

i finished it monday night and i'll say nothing more about it.

Anonymous said...

I...Can't help myself...

Harry is transported to the future and is led by a series of clues to Washington DC. He is forced to vote Republican to save Ron, who was the victim of Conservative Talk Show slander. After this Voldemort simply stops trying to "get" Harry. Harry trades in his broom for a Hummer. The large vehicle type, not the why wouldn't he just ask Hermione type.

Anonymous said...

This is off topic but I think you'll appreciate this. Q. I'm talking about the "new" CBC Radio program. Do you listen to it? Is it just me or is it horribly painful? Not that Sounds Like Canada is that good this summer either.
My two cents on the state of "talk" radio...