Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Adrenaline spike

I was sitting here slumped at my desk, first day back after a working (but still lovely) vacation, when a friend sent the link to this video. (For both of you out there who read this and may not be familiar with ultimate frisbee, this will give you a taste, and it is sweet.)

Immediate goosebumps of anticipation, and I couldn't help but watch it twice. Now I'm sitting a little straighter in my seat, a little more raring to go.

Nine days and counting until our first tournament of the year!

(My guess is that the video was shot at No Borders? A local Ottawa tournament...)

6 comments:

Sleepwalker said...

What a video! It absolutely makes you want to get off your chair and start running! I never realized there was so much plunging, though. Do people get hurt? I didn't notice kneepads... I fully expect you to report back here in 10 days telling us all about your first tournament of the year. Yay!

Ms. Hedda said...

It doesn't really hurt, actually. Unless you hit a rock. The running is the part that hurts!

But I'm not one to say, really, as I personally don't "plunge" so much. (Tumbling and tripping yes, diving on purpose, not so much.) In my very limited experiences (I can count them on one hand), "laying out" is a satisfying way to catch a disc.

Anonymous said...

or dislocate your ribs.

Ms. Hedda said...

oh yeah, there's that too. But it doesn't really stop you, does it, Get-A-Blog?

Anonymous said...

It just makes the Tao of Stieb's jokes even more painful. ;-)

Trixie said...

the lure of ultimate is lost on me, i hate to say. but yea! you and your upcoming tourney.

how are your mom and sis? how's canning?