Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gift of the Magi

We are a non-religious family, but thanks to Baba, Tim has ready access to a wide selection of Christmas books featuring the story of Jesus' birth. (I'm glad of this; religious or not, the story of Jesus IS the reason we have Christmas to celebrate. Might as well be honest!) His current fave is Margaret Laurence's version, which is really quite lovely.

Baba also brought Tim a Little Peoples crêche (aka Manger Scene) and gave it to him while we were away in Montreal. Because Tim knows the Christmas story quite well from the books, I suggested tonight that we act out the Christmas story using the Little People. When the Wise Men arrived, I asked Tim what they brought for Baby Jesus.

"Peasants."

When pressed for specifics, Tim informed me that the three wise men brought peasants consisting of myrrh, gold, and ice cream.

1 comment:

Julie Kelly Lomong said...

FYI, the Little People were from me, Baba was strictly transport.